GENERAL MEMBER MEETING
TOPIC: Section 8 – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
- Taylor Housing Commission – Executive Director
- City of Livonia | Housing Choice Voucher Program – Divisional Director
- Ferndale Housing Commission – Executive Director
- Detroit Health Dept (Lead issue family relocations) – Lead Advocate
When: Thursday, December 12, 2019 – 5:30 PM (General Meeting)
Where: Club Venetian (29310 John R Madison Heights, MI 48071)
PLUS, for people new to investing in real estate, we have an Early-Bird Landlord Training Class just prior to this General Meeting (see description at bottom).
Ever wonder if renting to Section 8 tenants is for you? Already renting to Section 8 tenants but have questions on raising rents, renting appliances to tenants, and other gray areas? Want to get the inside story on Section 8 and how you can tap into the system? Ever Imagined having guaranteed rent payments wired to your bank account at the beginning of every month? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should absolutely attend this meeting where our panelists will cover the following areas:
o An overview of the Section 8 program
o Why a landlord should consider renting to a section 8 voucher holder
o How to market your properties to attract voucher holders
o How to screen for good Section 8 tenants (also verifying voucher amt)
o How the leasing program works
o Section 8 rents vs. market rents
o Inspections – what’s expected at initial and annual inspections
o Required features in homes
o Landlord and tenant responsibilities
o Key reasons tenants & landlords are removed from the Section 8 program
Additionally, we’ll allow plenty of time for meeting attendees to ask any questions. So join us for this lively and informative meeting.
Hope to see you there!
General Meeting Schedule:
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm Quick Steps to Success (Great For New Investors!)
- 6:30pm – 7:15pm Dinner and Networking
- 7:15pm – 7:30pm General Membership Meeting Announcements
- 7:30pm – 9:00pm Meeting Topic
The public is welcome to attend at any of the above times. Although encouraged, it is not necessary to eat dinner at the event.
Member of REIA of Oakland:
- Meeting is FREE
- Dinner is $18 (pay at the door) or $16 if you BUY DINNER online.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.